Monday, January 24, 2011

White Swan vs. Black Swan

Ok, I love the movie Black Swan with Natalie Portman and Vincent Cassel. I also love ballerinas. I used to take ballet when I was little and in high school. I loved it. The beauty, the moves, the pointe slippers, and the tutus. Here's my version of the Black Swan and White Swan looks. They're pretty subtle, so it would be a fun look to pull off when you're going out to dinner. I just love the fact that I can just put my hair up in a bun and go run errands and still look half way decent.

A simple white feather headband (Target) gives a White Swan look.


Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!

Seductive (not really) Black Swan

You can't tell, because this picture really sucks, but the hair clips have little black feathers on them with little beaded embellishments. I also applied a shimmery black eyeshadow from Ulta on the crease of my eyelid and black eyeliner on my lower lid. I blended the eyeliner for a smokey look.


Ballerina Nails! I LOVE this color. No. 17 from Ulta. Kind of a pinkish nude color.


Get the ballerina Look!


I admit, I did go out and buy some shirts and sweaters in pink and grey. In the movie Black Swan, Natalie Portman's character Nina Sayers often wears comfy clothes and a pair of grey Uggs. I've always hated Uggs! For one, they look like eskimo boots and I sure don't see any igloos in Phoenix! And two, I can't stand the girls that where them. However, I bought a pair of knock off ones in Black and once I put them on, I fell in love! I wear them everywhere now. Anyway, it's only for the comfort factor and they are super convenient and for a Momma with a 5 month old baby, that means A LOT!

Till next time my sweets!

ADIDAV

No comments:

Post a Comment